Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Creamy Ranch Dressing

 Isn't it amazing how one simple thought can set off a chain reaction of other thoughts/feelings? For some unknown reason, tonight I was thinking about creamy ranch dressing. I used to have chicken patties at my Grandma's house and dip it in creamy ranch dressing. This is what set into motion the following chain of thoughts.

It got me thinking about grandparents, which in turn got me thinking about my Grandma Bonnie. And how UNFAIR life can be. How unfair it was that she was taken from this earth at only 62 years old. How unfair it was that she left behind a family that loved her so much. How she had so much more life left to live. Which, got me thinking about death, and naturally got me thinking about JoJo.

Then I cried. And as I was thinking about death and how unfair it is, it got me thinking of my own life and how certain things make you who you are. How one event changes course of your life and how you view the world. If any of you have watched the movie 'The Butterfly Effect' you know what I am talking about. One simple conversation, one action, one tiny moment can change everything.

Sometimes I wish that I would have changed things in my life. Changed decisons that I made, friends that I had, people I wasn't as nice to as I should have been. But then I wonder how that would have affected who I am. I know that the things that I have done and the choices that I have made have made me the woman that I am today. And that's one thing that I would NOT change. I love who I am. I love where my life has taken me. Chandler and I have always said that the Rascal Flatts song 'God Blessed the Broken Road' is SO our song. Everything we did led us to where we are today.

So I guess what I am ultimately getting at is that, not matter what I've been through, no matter the mistakes that I've made, it's made me who I am. And as long as I love that person, that's all that matters.

2 comments:

mason said...

WOW! That was so what I needed to hear right now! You are so right! Thank you for that post. It made me look at things in my life in a different perspective!!

Shawna said...

Girl you are so great! And you are so right, every single thing you have been through in your life lead you to now. You should live with no regrets. I remember my sweet young newly married Ashley I met just 4 years ago. She has grown so much and it shows. Your a wonderful little mama and a great wife. This was a great little post, and p.s. I LOVE ME SOME CREAMY RANCH DRESSING